Friday 8 July 2016

Fleeting passage

Door knobs sealed, but the door is wide open
Across the dull room, I see a pallid clock
Click, cluck; it resonates, my breath accompanies
A crow bellows but I hear nothing.
The traffic has jammed, honks echoing
People are cursing, a boy whining
Music system has meanwhile occupied them
Traffic police whistling but I hear nothing.
Teens babbling about unfair life, an escaped notice
Volunteers persuading and wheedling to join clubs
The nerve within me convulses, hampering my trod
Chats are surrounding me but I hear nothing.
Pigeons combating outside my casement
Fan rotating noisily, mother beating jowar rotis
Summoning me to eat, the plastic wavering
Hot sounds emerging from my belly but I hear nothing.

Time has turned so rash, neglecting my poor hearing
I am seventeen, wondering when to snog
Though I feel not, these days deviating to become indolent.
Flashbacks are irksome, mending them has been loaded
Wishing to aid myself but the days have outgrown
Ahead I see, but nothing that I can hear.

6 comments:

  1. Good work dea.... Keep writin n keep postin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good usage of Vocabulary
    Good Chronology in Narration
    Great Work

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is very nice. A good sense of images is conveyed and its easy to imagine the situation presented. Only criticism I might have is that certain words could maybe be replaced with better ones- but that's a minor thing, and a subjective opinion. Overall, I find this quite good.

    ReplyDelete