Wednesday 20 July 2016

Asphyxiation

He clinched upon my arm
I woke up with a bolt
Trickling were those trees
To my terror, I shut it.

The psychopathic father, vile
My estranged mother, tranquil
What had he in mind?
Darkness encircled me.

Twice as many times, he scorned her
In a mumpish swing he lashed
She, malacophonous, disciplined by society;
Saturnine clouds floated upon us.

Audacity never overcame her
She pleaded, pusillanimous;
Raucously he smacked, she crouched
Illiteracy was bound to her.

“Oh! Shiny beamers and wind,
I pray you to minimize her troubles
If not mine,” I called out.
I longed to escape to the mountains.

Cursing the fountain of hatred
And the society that established her,
From cradle to grave was just her life
Pinioned to chains, groveling in dust.

Death is eternal and serene
Will serve her better, me thought;
Worthy of freedom from this strife
Nonetheless, it would alter my existence.

Close to midnight he smothered her
I did witness through that creaked door
Hysterical tears shed me blind
So was that lifeless day.

Life jolted and sprang upon me
They whispered non-stop –
Conveniently clicked their tongues
Psychopath undone, a dowry death!

Shouldered myself to forego it
How could I? A prey.

No comments:

Post a Comment